Hello.

On 01/19/2018 10:18 AM, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hello
>

> On 01/18/2018 06:10 PM, Felipe Magno de Almeida wrote:
>> Hello Stefan,
>>
>> I can surely work some place in Florianopolis, Brazil. I've made a C++
>> conference here last year and almost 80 people attended, which is
>> quite good for the narrow subject and first
>> conference I had put together.
>>
>> Florianopolis is a very beautiful island and has very low violence
>> indices, spite of being in Brazil.
>>
>> Pros: it is cheap here, a good hotel in Florianopolis goes for around
>> USD 100/day. Meals are
>> cheap too, good barbecue places all-you-can-eat for around USD 25.
>>
>> Cons: It is far for everybody but me :).
> Thanks for the offer. I added it to the location proposals wiki page now.
>
> I strangely can not add a new voting item the the existing vote we have
> running right now.
>
> The only thing I seem to be able to do is creating a new vote with
> Florianopolis added and asking all people to re-vote. :(
> Seems phab does not allow this to avoid me screwing with the vote results.
>
> I have created a new vote with your offer included now.
>
> https://phab.enlightenment.org/V32
>
> Everybody who already voted on the old one please do your vote again on the
> new one. Sorry for the trouble!

Another change on this front. I have to take out the Edinburgh location offer.

Which brings us down to 5. The top ones would now be Tel Aviv and Florianopolis
with 6 votes.
That is not much I have to say. The 10 persons in total who voted are not much
either. We have been double or more the years before. I also
had to poke people a lot to get these 10 at least.

This all brings me to the question if there is a real need or interest inĀ
having an EDD this year?
If there is not enough interest I could save myself the trouble of organizing
it.

What is it that blocks people for showing interest?

o Is an actual fixed date needed to get a response?
o Are the locations not suitable (far away, to expensive)?
o Is there simply no interest in a get together (you see no need for a f2f
discussion)?
o ??

regards
Stefan Schmidt