On 06/03/18 15:50, jaquilina wrote:
> Hi simon,
>
> I think what you are talking about is gerrit code review. I know
> Libreoffice use it and for them I think you need to have 3 reviewers
> before the code is committed as well the code gets compiled and built as
> well to ensure it works.
>
> https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/intro-how-gerrit-works.html
>

> I am not sure if jenkins has a flow like what you are describing, but at
> least you have more control over the quality of whats committed.

Yeah I'm suggesting that we don't need to go as far as needing 1-3 (or
any number of human reviewers) atleast for committers who have commit
access.

I have contributed to projects via github that have an intergrated
jenkins (or something similar) bot that blocks the pull request being
accepted until atleast build tests have been done and other simple error
checking is done. So in a sense rather then jenkins running once a day
its running for every commit (or group) and giving direct feedback that
these commits will break the build so you should go and fix them, rather
then Stefan having to wait and check Jenkins then go bug people to fix
there work for breaking things.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30