On Wed, 7 Mar 2018 02:47:37 +0900
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

> well tbh you're right here. crypto currencies swing far more in value
> on a daily/weekly basis than the usd or euro do in a whole year.
>
> that's kind of ha;f the fun of them... :)

For investing and stuff. Not fun for spending and seeing you way over
paid.... Even if its labor vs goods. Who likes over paying?

> just fyi,.. the better your relationship with the bank, the cheapr
> and better it is.

That is also true on like merchant processing and credit card fees.
Relationship and volume can get lower fees.

> i bank with hsbc and i can transfer money
> world-wide to/from my accounts in various countries for free. i don't
> even have to change the currency. that's a separate step.. no limit
> on transfer sizes either. i also can keep one of about 20 or 30
> currencies and exchange at will without transferring.

Are you transferring within the same bank, HSBC always or to other
banks? That maybe something many banks do within their own systems.

They seem to have a free business checking account, but page is MIA
https://www.us.hsbc.com/business/checking_savings/free_business_checking/
http://www.banking.us.hsbc.com/business/checking_savings/businessextra.html

The question there is;

Would HSBC allow say a US Bank account to be opened with people on file
that are not US citizens?

That was the biggest issue for Gentoo. Why Capital One was the ONLY
bank that would work for that odd criteria. This was 2008, and post 911
era. Things maybe different with other banks now. International banking
is becoming more and more common every year.

> but e.fr doesn't have this and i can't see any way for that to
> happen, so crypto currencies are not a bad way to break down these
> barriers and move money around the world, despite the volatility.

I always say if someone wants to give you money. Never tell them in
what form, just say thank you and take the money!!! Thus all options
should be available for money coming in.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.