On 15/03/18 23:54, Al Poole wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to make a very simple proposition.
>
> Can we return Enlightenment's theming specific to E itself and have
> elementary theming handled separately. Or the choice of the two when
> setting themes.
>
> The argument against this is for a uniform look between applications and
> the desktop. I don't think this is so important given the scope of existing
> applications and also the target plaforms (including Windows and MacOS). I
> don't think it's a necessity to bind E to ELM look.
>
> This would make theming the desktop a much less arduous task.
>
> Thanks

Simple answer is no, we are slowly replacing enlightenment's widgets
with elementary ones, so most of the buttons in enlightenment for
example are using the buttons from the elementary so if the theme is
split then these will look out of place (and a bunch of other widgets).
Once the shelf is replaced with bryce and the current settings dialogs
are rewritten the old e widgets will be completely removed and we will
only have elementary.

When I write themes I tend to focus on the widgets I see and use most
then maybe tidy up the others later.

Cheers

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30