On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 13:24:48 +0000 Al Poole <nets...@gmail.com> said:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to make a very simple proposition.
>
> Can we return Enlightenment's theming specific to E itself and have
> elementary theming handled separately. Or the choice of the two when
> setting themes.
>
> The argument against this is for a uniform look between applications and
> the desktop. I don't think this is so important given the scope of existing
> applications and also the target plaforms (including Windows and MacOS). I
> don't think it's a necessity to bind E to ELM look.
>
> This would make theming the desktop a much less arduous task.

they share many aspects. e's borders are used in elm too (under different group
names). they are used for client-internal border (EWS) and for client-side
decorations for wayland and x11 CSD mode. menus are common too but again -
different groups and different code design but having them in 2 different
themes is going to lead to more inconsistency. widgets are common too.
e_Widgets are going to go away and thus elm stuff will dictate e's look and
feel very heavily. icons are common too. there is a huge amount of overlap and
splitting means then duplication and divergence.

also theming a desktop involves theming the widgets. e's own ui and use of elm
clearly makes that part of the same effort.

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com