Not sure what is going on here, or why it is taking so long to order a
replacement part... a fan...

OSUOSL first reported this on 8/25/2017. 6 months later, OSUOSL is
still asking about resolution. Which I think is pretty rude and
unprofessional to make them keep bringing up this issue. Its seems like
no one is following up with them or following through till this minor
problem is resolved...

It is OSUOSL job to run the DC, not their job to constantly keep
asking people about replacement parts for their own failing gear....

In the future, or even now. I am happy to help with such. I always kept
spare parts for my collocated servers in my rack in any DC, for
immediate remote hands replacement.

Or move off physical hardware that is owned by E project, if
replacement parts cannot be obtained and sent within a reasonable time
frame. A month at max, but 6 months....

--
William L. Thomson Jr.