On Wed, 02 May 2018 16:38:07 +0000
Stephen Houston <smhousto...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Raster this is more of a question for you.  You know my thoughts on
> theme being a pressing issue.  Is this something we as the community
> can band together during stabilization and have flat ready to go for
> 1.21 or is this something that we will have to put off yet again for
> a later release?
>
> My thoughts are that introducing the flat theme could be the
> headlining pop that this 1.21 release needs... i.e. a selling point
> for the release to be more attractive to users other than just being
> mostly a big fix release with just a preview of the interfaces work.

+1

I think there also needs to be some UI to control spacing, colors, etc.
One other thing that would be nice I may have to help code is to be
able to swap position of top window elements, move close, minimize,
maximize, from right to left.

That is one nice aspect I liked of KDE/Plasma/Kwin. I stopped using
custom themes and just went with modified default via their theme
customization UIs. Allowed me to set the colors I liked, swap location
of title bar elements, etc. Making something along those lines for E.

That maybe something more for 1.22 than 1.21. With 1.21 having the new
flat theme, and 1.22 having the UI for user styling etc.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.