On Thu, 31 May 2018 14:00:45 +1000 Daniel Kasak <d.j.kasak...@gmail.com> said:

> Hi all.
>
> I'd been holding off rebuilding from current git, given the discussion I've
> seen here. But then curiosity got the better of me :) My findings ...
>
> - Windows will very regularly turn opaque and stop being rendered. Resizing
> them fixes things momentarily.
> - There's a fair bit of graphics corruption and flashing things going on :)
>
> However, if I go into the 'Composite' settings and disable 'Texture from
> pixmap', everything seems to behave as per normal. I don't remember ever
> testing with this off before, but it seems to be fast enough that I don't
> notice the difference. ( I assume it's slower? )

definitely slower. :) e has to xgrabimage basically to get pixel updates then
convert if needed to argb then upload to local texture. so a minimum of 2
copies per update region.

yeah - i found switching to software fixed it. software wont be doing the
native surface path... so it skips texture from pixmap as a result. the issue
was either with g engine or native surface.

this narrows it down to just native surface. but i'm a bit baffled what commits
in that batch of 100+ caused this. i've looked at the shortlog at least and
didn't see anything that indicates this there (patch playing with evas image or
native surface stuff). so it's more subtle somewhere... but where?

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com