Please dont stick unstable, untested, or unsure code in master and ifdef
it. This is specifically what branches are for.  They allow all of that
without clouding up master with a bunch of junk.  I would argue that for
most of the people that you will want to test your new unstable code we
would prefer to do it by checking out a branch anyway than some ifdef.
Further, just use arc and/or git-phab and create a review revision and it
will definitely get looked at if you dont want to branch.  But actually
throwing it into master and using code to enable it or disable it is
completely defeating the purpose of the tools git, phab, arc offer us as
well as completely defeats the purpose of a release cycle.