I'll talk to greg about getting e.org on to caos's server.

As many may have noticed, e's official website, enlightenmnet.org is
pretty painfully out of date. The screenshots on the front page are all
from e16, and there have been a total of 3 news items this year.

I know Ben (the peudo-official web maintainer) has been super busy with
work and Opensolaris, and has a personal distaste for CMSs (such as the
one e.org currently uses, XSM). I believe the whole point of originally
moving to a CMS was to allow a much larger group of people to contribute
to the site's content, but that hasn't happened yet.

So, I'd like to propose that we do a few things.

First, restructure the front page to contain a brief description of what
the Enlightenment project is, followed by news items that get regularly
updated. Whenever an asparagus release is made, a note should be added.
Whenever new fun features are added, or obscure bugs finally squashed, a
note should be added. We needed at least two or three people who are
familiar enough with whats going on to take on these responsibilities.

Next, I know there have been a few issues with XSM and sf.net. When a
change is made, the entire site is rebuilt and re-uploaded to sf.net.
This can take a few minutes, and isn't always successful (sometimes
resulting in a blank front page). Is there any chance we could move
e.org onto a non-sf server (one that we can have XSM running locally
on)? Would CaOS be willing to host the website also? (its static, so
shouldn't be much more load on top of cvs).

Finally, I think we need some sort of intro doc on how to use XSM, and
a small guideline doc on what goes where on the website.

I know there's a web list, but I first wanted to discuss this here,
since it involves possibly moving servers.

Let me know what ya'll think.
--
rephorm

Stephen Houston