On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 12:45:34 +0100 Marcel Hollerbach <m...@bu5hm4n.de> said:

> On 10/30/18 10:11 AM, Xavi Artigas wrote:
> > I don't know what I'm talking about now, but I think Mike suggested that
> > the examples repo could be a submodule of the efl repo, which could be
> > checked out and built when "make examples" was called? Is that an option?
> >
> > In this way we have the trees separated, with a much lighter efl, while
> > still having the convenience of "make examples".
> >

> That is possible. (With meson :))

possible with autofoo too - it's not just meson :)... but why does a lighter
tree matter? when you have the git tree you get the whole history so if it ever
WAS in the tree... you still clone it (unless its a shallow clone - another
story). if building of examples isn't the default then  it's not going to be
tested as much as people are not aware of it being an option etc. etc. - yes.
it adds to the build time, but with benefit. unlike making -Werror default
which can lead to build failure due to causes outside of tree (like
system/dependency headers causing warnings thus build errors), this would have
build errors that are a result of efl's breaking something... :)