Hello.

On 09.01.19 16:21, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Its almost 5 months since we released 1.21 and I stepped down.
>
> When talking with people I got help offers on the release handling but
> no-one stepped up to fully take a lead on this. I start to get the
> feeling that this might need to be handled with a smoother transition of
> knowledge and work.
>
> Jonathan and Mike both offered help and others also expressed that they
> would be willing to do their share towards a release. I count on you to
> make this work :-)
>
> To get back to time based releases we should get working on 1.22 soon
> (and not  block ourselves with $FEATURE not being ready right now)
>
> The 3 months based schedule has been putting to much load onto the
> project with release stuff. At least that is my opinion. After 1.22 is
> out we should think about increasing this. Maybe 4, 5 or even 6 months?
> Up to discussion.
>
> After 5 full months of development I think we should allow two weeks
> before we freeze to allow everybody to get their work in order. Fixes
> will follow over the next weeks to get it ready.
>
> Here is my release schedule proposal to get us started. Comments?

I have a comment myself. :-)

Seems I was a bit to eager to get this all back on track. Some feedback
I got showed that this came as surprise to some and might not be the
best timing to give only a two weeks notice to gets things in order just
after season holidays for many.

Its a fair point. As much as I want to decouple features from releases
its unfair to force this on people when we did not talk about it for 5
months. Additionally there is FOSDEM coming up which means travel and
less time for work for some.

Taken that into account and slept over this we should push the freeze
back to February. Any input on this? Any other dates I should take into
account? If nothing else comes up I will come up with a new schedule
next week.

regards
Stefan Schmidt