From: Stefan Schmidt <ste...@datenfreihafen.org>
Sent: 15 February 2019 16:37
To: enlightenment-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [E-devel] 1.22 schedule proposal - updated

Hello.

We pushed back on the initial schedule to not get everyone caught by surprise
of a freeze.

We had some extra weeks now and I wonder if the following updated schedule
would work?

=== Schedule ===
2018-08-17 Merge window for 1.22 opens
2019-02-20 Notice about soon ending merge window
2019-02-28 Merge window is over. Freeze in place.
* Only bug fixes from this point
* Alpha release tarball
* One month stabilization phase starts
2019-03-07 Beta1 release tarball
* Only critical fixes from this point
2019-03-14 Beta2 release tarball
2019-03-21 EFL 1.22 is out

As a sidenote I would consider this the last release with autotools. We will
also have a meson based tarball ready at that point which we would appreciate
testing from packagers. After the release is out we should remove autotools
support from master to focus on one build system only.
Autotools will only be kept use in the 1.22.x releases for maintenance.

If this schedule does not work for you for a good reason speak up now.

regards
Stefan Schmidt