Hello.

On 17.04.19 20:16, Vincent Torri wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 2:20 PM Mike Blumenkrantz
> <michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are currently in the 1.23 release cycle, and it seems agreed upon that
>> we are planning to remove autotools prior to the 1.23 release. Overall, the
>> meson build is in reasonable shape--there are some small issues on our main
>> platforms (and larger ones for Windows)--and it should not be an issue to
>> meet this goal.
>>
>> With this in mind, I would like to propose a freeze on the autotools build
>> starting Friday. This means that we no longer modify the autotools build in
>> any way in the master branch (excepting outstanding patches in phab), and
>> instead focus entirely on ensuring the quality of the meson build system.
>
> i would really like to have a bit more time (i'll not be in front of a
> computer next week). And currently ecore_win32 and gdi and ddraw
> engines are even not set up (even if the meson.build files seem to be
> there).

So far Mike only asked for a freeze of the autotools build files, not
the removal. Whihc means autotools would still be around until things
are building the way they should with meson.

> At least ecore_win32 should be set so that i can try and compile it

Sure, agreed. Are there other parts you find missing for the windows
port? Trying to get a better understanding of what is stil missing or
wrong so we can better judge the status to freeze and later remove
autotools.

regards
Stefan Schmidt