Hello.

On 23.05.19 17:15, Marcel Hollerbach wrote:
> Hello,
>
> zmike merged the windows build stuff for meson a few weeks back. This
> means windows is no blocker anymore for the autotools removal. So i
> would like to propose that we remove the autotools support on 30.05 (If
> there is nothing major that comes up). That leaves us with 1 actual task
> (T7783) that needs to be done, the others can be done later as they are
> not necessary for building per se.

I am looking at the tasks related to the autotools removal task (T7780)
right now.

Doc target was added and the core of the windows builds tasks fixed.
Good progress. :-)

The CI usage task (T7783) is something that can be tackled once
autotools is removed from master. No blocker.

Task T7812 (meson should manage C++ header files) is not clear and I
asked Vincent for the problem he sees.

Task T7797 (EAPI usage on windows) explains how EAPI defines should eb
used to avoid trouble on windows build. The problem we have seen with
this in elementary should be fixed by now and thsi task does not raise
any new issues. Not a blocker.

Task T7782 (verify config.h equivalence) this is something that will be
progress over a longer time period. We do not want to get everything
from autotools over to really have a fresh start, but we need to ensure
that we do not miss things for the use cases we covered with autotools
before. The one actual issue raised has been fixed.

And the last task T7985 (Windows: ejde_cc can not create edj files
anymore) shows a problem between the autools and meson build and usage
of edjce_cc durign the build. As far as I understand it this is for
edje_cc running natively on windows on a native build. Vincent did add a
patch which I am going to have a loo at. Once that is in, task should be
done as well.

This all looks quite solid to me. I am working with Vincent right now to
get ewpi updated so I can bring it back to our CI and in that process I
test the cross builds with meson. We will not hit that until 30.05
though (actually a bank holiday weekend for me). I would like to ask you
postpone this for a week. at that point I should have a better view on
the windows cross build and our CI progress for it.

regards
Stefan Schmidt