On 5/28/19 11:08 AM, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hello.
>
> On 23.05.19 17:15, Marcel Hollerbach wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> zmike merged the windows build stuff for meson a few weeks back. This
>> means windows is no blocker anymore for the autotools removal. So i
>> would like to propose that we remove the autotools support on 30.05 (If
>> there is nothing major that comes up). That leaves us with 1 actual task
>> (T7783) that needs to be done, the others can be done later as they are
>> not necessary for building per se.
>
> I am looking at the tasks related to the autotools removal task (T7780)
> right now.
>
> Doc target was added and the core of the windows builds tasks fixed.
> Good progress. :-)
>
> The CI usage task (T7783) is something that can be tackled once
> autotools is removed from master. No blocker.
>
> Task T7812 (meson should manage C++ header files) is not clear and I
> asked Vincent for the problem he sees.
>
> Task T7797 (EAPI usage on windows) explains how EAPI defines should eb
> used to avoid trouble on windows build. The problem we have seen with
> this in elementary should be fixed by now and thsi task does not raise
> any new issues. Not a blocker.
>
> Task T7782 (verify config.h equivalence) this is something that will be
> progress over a longer time period. We do not want to get everything
> from autotools over to really have a fresh start, but we need to ensure
> that we do not miss things for the use cases we covered with autotools
> before. The one actual issue raised has been fixed.
>
> And the last task T7985 (Windows: ejde_cc can not create edj files
> anymore) shows a problem between the autools and meson build and usage
> of edjce_cc durign the build. As far as I understand it this is for
> edje_cc running natively on windows on a native build. Vincent did add a
> patch which I am going to have a loo at. Once that is in, task should be
> done as well.
>

> This all looks quite solid to me. I am working with Vincent right now to
> get ewpi updated so I can bring it back to our CI and in that process I
> test the cross builds with meson. We will not hit that until 30.05
> though (actually a bank holiday weekend for me). I would like to ask you
> postpone this for a week. at that point I should have a better view on
> the windows cross build and our CI progress for it.

Sure we can wait. I am just having a hard time understanding reasoning
like "autotools and meson both do not work, lets wait for another week".
The meson stuff for windows has now landed for a month (?), and since
then the build has been broken with
d8cb3e7f71b485abeee9aec6695c2a9a765b8c76 . Before that our CI was
patched to brokenness by 7404904a43992e008ef8f186216a9aba8006404c .
We can surly wait, i just don't see autotools nor meson beeing part of
the problem that causes efl on windows to not work...