>> - Are the fonts for the shot module redistributable?  BD_Cartoon_Shout.ttf
>>   and Suplexmentary_Comic_NC.ttf claim All rights reserved.  The homepage
>> info
>>   for ComiquitaSans.ttf is wrong or defunct.  (see strings *.ttf | grep -Ei
>>   'reserved|copyright')  I couldn't find any info about
>> FuturaHandwritten.ttf.
>
> found them! :) in my history
>
> https://fontmeme.com/fonts/comiquita-sans-font/
>  free for commercial use (that would allow redistribution etc.)
> https://fontmeme.com/fonts/bd-cartoon-shout-font/
>  also free for commercial use - use any way you like
> https://fontmeme.com/fonts/futura-handwritten-font/
>  also free for commercial use
> https://fontmeme.com/fonts/futura-handwritten-font/
>  same again
>
> i'm going off the advertised "free for commercial use" which would say to me
> we
> can redistribute it - it's not limiting usage to just personal use which is
> the
> common "free but we can't redistribute that" box.

Oh, please don't I mean really seriously don't, please use something
under a spdx license like OFL otherwise distro's will just drop them
Debian because they are debian and will drop anything without a good
license fedora is probably the same, i'll drop them from openSUSE
because I can't be bothered waiting 2-3 months for a lawyer to agree
with you.

Especially given that within 10 minutes of searching

https://fontesk.com/license/ofl-gpl/ and
https://fontlibrary.org/en/search?license=OFL%20(SIL%20Open%20Font%20License)&order=

you'll find plenty of alternatives that are licensed in ways that are
much much easier for us to work with at a distro level.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30