Hello!

On 03/06/2020 09:47, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
Hello

On 02.06.20 19:10, Quelrond wrote:
Hi!

Indeed, it is fixed now.

Following the same logic, could it be possible to create Efl_One.h file with ALL headers in the same file?

I don't think this is a good idea. Let me explain why.

First of all the _one_ suffix is really only used to indicate that its the merged libs and we need to have something as libefl.so is already used by a different project and can be on the system.

Secondly it is a implementation detail if the libs are merged in one so or split on different ones. It should not be exposed to the header. You could not know what the system do when you write the application.

I think what you are looking for is our push forward to a unified API. Which might at some point be able to include all you need when writing in application from one header file: Efl.h

Probably, yes :)

Hope, it will be here one day :)

It will be usable to create bindings for some languages. For example, I tried to create Nim bindings, but their tool analyses headers and EFL/Elementary headers have too complex structure, so it was failed.

Sorry, but Efl_One.h header would not be the correct way to solve this. The complexity would be still there, as we would only include our existing headers into this one.

If you can provide details on what is failing on their analyses of our headers we might be able to look into this.

The way of creation C/C++ bindings in Nim is straightforward and simple in case of presence of ONE header and ONE *.so library. There is a tool that analyses the header and creates Nim file with functions/objects that wrap C/C++ functions/objects. Then one just need to use that wrapper and dynamically load the library and it's all done. In case of including other headers from the first one (and presence of several *.so files) the situation becomes much more complex. There are several tools to work with such headers/libs, but they are all highly experimental and don't work for any lib. So, I've just tried to use on of these tools to analyze elementary.h - the tool was crashed, that's all :) So, probably I'll wait for a better tool Nim side or for Efl.h EFL side ;)

Personally, I like Nim very much and hope that one day EFL will be available for Nim programmers.

Best regards,

Peter

regards
Stefan Schmidt