On Monday, 11 September 2006, at 23:29:11 (+0300),
Hisham Mardam Bey wrote:

> Prior to diving into the "what to use" discussion

See, I don't think that's the conversation we should be having right
now.

We're using XSM right now.  Unless there is some fundamental flaw in
XSM that cannot be overcome, we need to stick with it.

So if there are problems with XSM, let's identify them.

1.  Speed

This will be resolved when we go local, as best I can tell from
playing with the demo.

2.  Unintuitive?

Blake says XSM's editing interface is unintuitive.  I can see some
room for improvement, but straight HTML in a textarea seems pretty
intuitive to me, albeit not as user-friendly as it could be.

There is a definite advantage to having one of the developers of the
CMS we're using on our team.  The problem is, everyone speaks in
abstracts:  "It's painful!"  "I don't like it!"  More specific
(constructive!) criticisms will ultimately result in a more usable XSM
as well as a better site for E.

So...anyone want to start with #3?

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 "I'll be leaving soon; it's hard to say when I'll return, and I don't