On 6/27/24 12:56 AM, Thanatermesis wrote:
I really like the concept behind this theme, if you can send me a link
to the assets you used for it and maybe the one you started the demo
video with I can port both to the current E or atleast get a good bulk
of the work done pretty quickly.

I've slowly been working on a "Theme Engine" for current e that makes it
easier to import some of the older e16 and gtk themes.

That sounds very interesting :) Im curious to know more, im also going to
work on the new E themes next

So the work is in [1] the basic Idea is any time you want to create a new theme in this way you start with the "vtx" branch and then replace images in the img-manual directory as documented in [2]. Obviously different themes use different style / size images so it may not get a complete theme out of the box. Also so far i've only completed one theme (Dimensions [3]) this way so there might be some more changes required still.

One of the reasons for using git branches is it makes it easy to merge in any changes required from upstream across multiple themes. So what i'll start by doing is making sure that everything in vtx is up to date with the new changes, then i'll create branches for the elive-dark theme and retrowave.

I also have a couple of other themes based off the older upstream dark theme as well as that theme, you can see them at [4]

Cheers

Simon

[1] https://github.com/simotek/Enlightenment-Themes
[2] https://github.com/simotek/Enlightenment-Themes/blob/vtx/enlightenment-elementary/img-manual/Hacking-Images.md
[3] https://www.gnome-look.org/p/1795915
[4] https://www.gnome-look.org/u/simotek

--
Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30