On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:34:55 -0300 Andres Blanc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> I honestly don't see the need of having *everything* integrated, except for a
> unified authentication system and maintenance
>
> I see the need of an agile way of update information on the website (a wiki),
> exchange opinions and support (a forum), and a formal channel for users to
> present problems to the developers (a bug tracker).
> I offer my help to unify the look and authentication systems of the best tool
> for each job.
>
> Unified authentication should be almost trivial to implement, the real
> problem here is maintenance, having to track bugs and updates for several
> different apps could be a bother, but not much more than tracking the bugs of
> obscure modules that-might-be-unmaintained of a given CMS.
>
> In my opinion trying to use an integrated system for everything will turn up
> with a collection of half-baked services.
>
> If you insist on using a integrated solution, then I guess Mambo/Joomla is
> the most professional and complete choice I know about.

yes - the point is 1. minimal work for maintenance, bug fixes, security, etc.
2. minimal work to get this thing running
3. something that provides all the pieces we need so we don't have to go
inventing them.

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)