Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:13:53 -0500 "Sthithaprajna Garapaty"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:
>
>> No Mambo. No Joomla.
>
> why?

I have to admit that I've never seen a CMS I actually like, mostly
because the pages look more like a hodge-podge of articles rather than a
clean site. I don't like that Slashdot ("Read More", "Comment", etc) look.

Reguardless, of all the CMS's I've played with Mambo/Joomla makes me the
least irritated. Its easy to use, fast, and pretty. And, as an E user,
prettiness counts.

Drupal has the name, but it just rubs me the wrong way.

BTW, I'm working at Joyent/Textdrive now. If we continue having problems
getting a server I might be able to swing us a Solaris Container hosted
at Textdrive. I'm not sure how much this would irritate people, but its
a potential option to put on the table.

Speaking of servers, just for the record, I worked long and hard to get
systems from Sun and ultimately nothing resulted. The problem is that
Sun doesn't just "give it away", some department inside of Sun has to
pay for it out of their own budget and things have been really tight
lately. I continue to keep it in peoples ears but I wouldn't count on
anything.

benr.