On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 03:05:59 +0300 "Hisham Mardam Bey"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> What happens when we have "biggish" patches on Evas or Ecore? I
> remember Jorge (turran) had a lot of work that was held off up until
> after E is to be released. This is what I want to get to. When you are
> too busy to do this, what happens?
>
> In regard to goals, it clear what you want from the project, and that
> is fair. The question is, what do we do with people that have
> different intentions? I think that part of the problem here is the
> fact we're sharing the same code repository. This gives the illusion
> that all our work falls under the same umbrella, when in reality, it
> does not.
>
> Some people want a development environment, others want a desktop
> shell, and others want a desktop environment. Whats the best way to
> manage this sort of thing?

people work to make it what they want. i have no objections in ADDING stuff -
as long as it doesn't bloat (too much) go directly against the grain (eg someone
imports qt as the widget set for e17), etc. if it's modular and clean - i don't
see any problems. there are very few things i say "religiously no" to - and i
do have reasons. for now composite managers within e are a "no" as i really
don't want to do that kind of surgery to e now. also composite/xrender are not
up to it. you need to use gl +aiglx/xgl to get any decent performance in
general - and that puts you in instability land. i want to do all the other
stuff now and come back to this later (for example).

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)