Guys, I spent the whole afternoon trying to find a non-hackish (or
less hackish) way to solve this problem:

click on one object and then move to other, this other should also
receive events.

my current problem actually is: I'm trying to write a virtual keyboard
for maemo, I'm basing my work on iPhone keyboard [1]. When you
mouse,down,1 some key, you get a feedback of which key was pressed, if
you see it was the wrong key, then just move over the right key and
release, this new key will emit the signal to application.
    Problem is: if mouse,down,1 is done on key "Q", when you move to
key "W", you don't get anything with source="W". You can set keys to
repeat_events, then you'll get the same event on "background", but
still nothing on "W".

1) I cannot use evas_object_callback_* directly because my goal is to
NOT know what keys exist in keyboard, in other words: I don't know the
parts of my edje beforehand.
2) I cannot use evas_object_top_at_xy_get() in order to get edje
parts. Actually I don't get even the edje itself, I get nothing, nada,
zap... Is this correct? [I do get some object created by myself, like
a rectangle]

This problem will appear a lot for our use with touchscreen devices,
many actions are gesture-like and will be hard or impossible to do
with current design. Example: we want some buttons to be
combobox-like, you click-and-hold and it will slide another edje-group
with buttons there, move your finger over it and release: it will
execute.

I know this is not the usual behavior on desktops and that's because
it's like that, but any solutions to this? Where I should look?

Nathan (RbdPngn) told me to use ecore's event filter and check there
for mouse-down events, intercept them and do it own my own. I think it
may work, yes, but it's far from easy to use :-/

I don't expect any ready-to-use edje syntax or so, but at least some
option to allow parts to still emit events when the other is clicked.
This way I could capture "down", set a flag and start to listen for
"in" or "out" events, on "up" I'd do the right thing and stop
listening these signals.

I guess this is a problem with edje, but maybe it's about evas? Hints? Ideas?

[1] http://www.apple.com/iphone/usingiphone/keyboard.html
--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri