On 7/18/07, Brian Mattern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 12:56:17AM -0300, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:

> >> <snip>
> >> (Evas_Object *obj, Evas_Bool no_mouse_grab);
> >> (Evas_Object *obj);
> >>

> >> Maybe evas_object_auto_grab_set(Evas_Object *obj, Evas_Bool auto_grab) ?
> >> (or _mouse_auto_grab_)
> >
> > it's not that better... other suggestions?
> >
> > can_grab_mouse?
>
> That makes even less sense. Maybe "grab" isn't a good choice. Really
> we're picking between two alternate methods of presenting mouse events.
> So, maybe evas_object_mouse_event_mode_set(obj, EVAS_EVENT_MODE_XXXXX)
>
> I'm at a loss atm as to what the two names should be though. (Maybe
> ORIGINAL and RAW... not happy with those...)
>

> >> Whatever we call it, the second parameter should NOT be no_*. It should
> >> be TRUE for "grab the mouse", and simply default to TRUE.
> >
> > yes, I agree, but how about edje files? Can I rely on people updating
> > their edje files? Remember that edje files will not be recompiled
> > since they have not changed, users may issue "make clean" to get it
> > updated.
>
> For edje files, you either need compatibility code (where the version is
> checked on load and the value is set properly), OR you can just make the
> edje option 'negative' (it doesn't have to be the same as the c api).
> However, with the above suggestion for an API, the 'original' mode would
> just be equal to 0.

Ok, anyone more like it like Brian? I don't.

Any other ideas? I'll wait until sunday, but it would be great if it
don't last that long, my virtual keyboard demo is almost ready, just
some images and this to be in then I can release it! :-)

http://barbieri-playground.googlecode.com/svn/efl-tests/vkbd/

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri