On Nov 14, 2007 6:10 AM, Daniel Kasak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 21:33 -0500, Hisham Mardam Bey wrote:
>
> > On Nov 13, 2007 9:19 PM, Daniel Kasak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Quite a while back, I remember reading about etk-server, that would
> > > create an ETK layout from a GladeXML file. What's the status of this?
> >
> > Enhance - allows you to use a GladeXML file to create an Etk gui.
> > Works great an is already in use.
>
> Ah. Excellent :)
>
> > > Next, if this is working, is it also inside the realms of possibility
> > > that Perl bindings for this will materialise.
> >
> > Is very simple to add to etk-perl, or to bind in a similar fashion.
> > Chady, care to comment?
>
> I'll await this comment ...
>
> I'm building all my e stuff now. If I can get the bindings built ( had
> some difficulties last time ), I'll check out the treeview stuff first,
> since it doesn't require enhance.

I haven't used Enhance before, but a quick look at the source shows that
bindings for it are simple to do, I'll have something ready for it soon.

Etk-Perl is quite usable now, but besides lack of proper documentation, it
also still has some pending TODO items.

There is an example of most of the widgets in the folder etk_test/ ,
I'm still trying to get some documentation going, I started a wiki at
http://etk-perl.chady.net/wiki/pmwiki.php but never gotten around to
actually adding contents to it, but it's still on my TODO list. So
meanwhile, if you have any specific question regarding how to get started,
you can email me directly.

Regards,

--
Chady 'Leviathan' Kassouf