Mate, dont worry about it, wasn't offended in the slightest. Just
reiterating one of E17's strongest points. Didn't meant to cause any
angst either.

I actually think E's splitting of the configuration dialogs into
basic/advanced is fine, most of what a normal joe would use is hidden
from him anyway through these.

But I do agree that some of it is a bit confusing for a newcomer who
also happens to be a curious guy. All the desktops are like this -
bucketloads of functionality, but you generally have no clue without
playing around for a long time because there's no immediately useful
tooltips or help dialogs with any of it.