> On Dec 30, 2007 2:55 AM, Vincent Torri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> -     if ((e_config->use_composite) && (ecore_x_composite_query()))
>>> +     if ((e_config->use_composite) && (ecore_x_screen_is_composited(0)))
>>
>> ecore_x_screen_is_composited does not check if the X server
>> supports the composite extension. Use ecore_x_composite_query as you did
>> in your previous commit.
>>
>> If you want to use the composite extension in a specific screen, then
>> you indeed must also use ecore_x_screen_is_composited with that screen
>> number.
>>

> Is this stuff properly documented? We really should make it a
> requirement to not let any new code / changes into CVS without the
> proper documentation.

after a discussion with devilhorns on irc, it seems that no composite
calls are used in e17, so I would say that it's useless (for now) to know
if the composite extension is available or not.

about knowing if composite is available, see:

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/proto/compositeproto.git;a=blob_plain;f=compositeproto.txt

section 7.

about ecore_x_screen_is_composited, see:

http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-1.4.html#id2512311

Vincent