The answer is yes and no. You can certainly do this simply by mapping
the theme for a widget to your Edje. The problem is that any events
will automatically have the source set as "EWL" instead of the clicked
part. The problem is that we do dispatching to the widget inside of
EWL, and w/o an API to feed these events to the specific evas object
we just send a generic signal on the edje itself.

So in order to do this effectively, the Evas API needs some expansion.