On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 10:05 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>         Good questions.. Don't know. A buffer canvas would be nice to
>  have for several reasons, but as you mention it may not be the best
>  way to realize a canvas widget for other reasons.. it also depends on
>  the semantic notions of child widgets vs sub-canvases. I think etk
>  takes a canvas widget as just a region of the underlying canvas of
>  the parent widget, and just feeds the events to that evas.

Another wrinkle is that we'd like to create a core library that is
only loosely tied to any specific underlying display system. We're
still in the process of abstracting the evas and edje specifics into
engines, and I don't want to add too many more direct dependencies.
This could be done as a library add-on to provide an ewl_evas widget
without breaking that abstraction. I

>         My itching has calmed down quite a bit over time since it
>  often feels like too much of a battle here in E land.. I'd hoped
>  to see some of the things Carsten mentioned he'd like to engage
>  edevelopers in - meets, discussions, coordination in plans, maybe
>  some hackfests, etc.. but it seems that kind of organization itself
>  takes more time than anyone really has.. :(

Yeah, unfortunately my participation at SCALE fell through. I'm not
sure if raster made it, but it would be good to hear a trip report if
he did. :-)