Carsten wrote:

> ...  what would be the right way would be to allow new extended
> objects (smart objects) to set rendering calls - the same way
> evas internal objects do, and then do their own rendering.
> breaking this out to a nice public api would be really nice and
> allow for objects built on a non-stateful (immediate mode)
> rendering model to exist and be efficient without HAVING to render
> to a buffer. this would mean breaking out the engine drawing calls
> and surface creation/destruction etc. into evas api.

        Yeah, would be good to have. But just getting render-pre/post
funcs for smarts, and implementing 'native surfaces' would be very
desirable as well, since buffered drawing is *very* useful for many
things. It's also easier to do, and needed in order to have engine-
specific sub-canvases.
        Either way, this would allow for engine-specific extensions
for evas.. wrapping things adequately would allow for things like
say an "evas3D" lib if really desired.
        I have a question for you on this though: I imagined having
'native surface' image obj api given in each of the engine headers,
but you added a generic evas api for it.. What exactly do you have
in mind here? eg. say with gl-textures?
        There must be plenty of gl addicts out there who would love
to start doing their rtt 3D stuff with a gl-x11-evas. :)