On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Cedric BAIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 2:05 PM, andres <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > > All ELFs are written in this way, without error checking and reporting, i
>  >  think it's for performance reason and I like it :)
>  >
>  >  > We can simply modify the function to return 1 on success or 0 on error
>  >
>  >  *poker face*
>  >
>  >  I see you rational, well measured idea and raise you a loony wiki article:
>  >  http://wiki.enlightenment.org/index.php/Edje_Interface_Specification
>
>  >  In all seriousness  if there is love for my idea I commit to implement it.
>  >  If there isn't, I will be more than happy with Dave's solution.
>
>  Their is. It will be a real win if we can just check if an Edje_Object
>  really provide all the needed stuff. We could even improve it as some
>  type of declaration inside the EDC like the html DOCTYPE (In case we
>  want to check during theme creation). So I am definitevely for number
>  2 (A parser + compiler and welcome .edt inside Edje). It's sound
>  really like a good idea to me.

I like theme-creation checking. What we should do is have a standard
to write such requirements and make tools to check for it. I see that
Entrance, at least, have such thing as a table.(see README,edje).
While fields separators are open, the required fields are:

PART;part_name;state1,state2,..,stateN;TYPE;Required;Desc
SIGNAL:signal_name;signal_source;Required;Desc

This is easy to parse in any language and easy to read without any
special tool. We can also write simple awk/python/sed scripts to
output this in nice formated tables (html, ascii) for inclusion in
documentation.

One could like to have it as edje, doing blocks, but I think it will
be harder to write such parsers, so it doesn't worth the pain:

part {
   name: "part_name";
   type: RECT;
   required: 1;