On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 19:15:52 +0200 (CEST) Vincent Torri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> Hey,
>
> I am planning to reorganize the header files of evas, which is a big fat
> mess. Then I remembered a discussion on the ML about data types in evas
> and ecore, and their respective performance.
>
> So I'm wondering if, before reorganising the header files, it would be a
> good idea to extract from Evas.h all the structures and functions related
> to evas data types (array, hash, list and stringshare, but not
> obecjt_list), and put them in Evas_Data.h. I would also put Evas_Bool in
> it as it is needed by some function and as I want to make Evas_Data.h
> stand-alone.

I don't have a problem with that, as long as Evas.h #include's Evas_Data.h

> I've attached a patch and the Evas_Data.h file
>
> there is no specific library for those evas data types with that patch.
> It's only a move of the api from Evas.h to Evas_Data.h
>
> Some questions, now:
>
>   * is it really useful to put stringshare there ?

yes. its just a datatype like anything else. really a "read-only string token".

>   * should I create a specific lib for data types ? or should the users
> link against evas to use them ? I prefer the first solution.

well an extra lib isnt a problem, but as long as libevas links to it - does it
really matter? :)