On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:54:20 -0400 Jose Gonzalez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

>       Ok, let me give you some 'criticisms' I have of parts of the
> approaches to this filters stuff that both Carsten and Gustavo
> suggested, and let me start with:
>
>       I just don't see a realistic "need" for having a built-in
> mechanism of arbitrary lists of arbitrary filters to be applied
> to any evas obj (or the rendering of such an obj), or as a canvas
> modifier object itself.

why not? in the end if u make it simple like clip objects work, you effectively
build a list of filters as u apply one to another. example:

to make a soft dropshadow for ANY objects you'd:

1. have a filter that makes a "copy" of an object's output/pixels
2. takes the copy stream and reduces color to just "Black"
3. offsets pixles by an amount
4. applies a blur filter to this.

of course this is actually probably more sensical if a special "dropshadow
anything" filter existed that just did all of this.

>       I wish someone would point out an interesting, and/or common,
> real-time gui use of something besides: one specialty filter (say a
> blur or a bumpmap) followed by a geometric transform (and possibly
> all clipped by a mask).

as above.  :)