Cedric BAIL schrieb:

> I think we didn't understand together. When I say slowly move stuff
> around, it include changing and improving Eina to fit our needs also.
> Eina is not a finished library, but an ongoing development. It's just
> a good starting point imho to get stuff done faster.

Ok, then I really misunderstood you. I thought you want to throw it in
to cvs and porting evas to use it immediately. If I understand you now
right, you want to put it into cvs (maybe in proto), bringing it in
shape and once it is finished, i.e. as we want it. You'll go to port
evas  et al. to it.

>> For example in eina the evas_hash implementation is called eina_hash. I think
>> it'd be better to reserve this name for the ecore_hash implementation,
>> because
>> it is much more general. For the evas_hash implementation another name like
>> eina_strhash would imho then be better.
>>

> I agree with your rename it make sense. But I still think that doing
> this review with the code in CVS would be faster. Instead of just
> discussing we will have code progressing at the same time and every
> one following development on the CVS will be able to participate in
> this review and get stuff done faster.
>

>> And I'm still not convinced if there is a general need to have a
>> fixed-point implementation in the base data types lib, just to mention my
>> concerns. Maybe someone else, with more authority then me :), will join this
>> discussion.
>>

> In my opinion, it's easier to remove code than to write :-) I don't
> see any direct user for this feature right now, but with the planned
> evolution of evas, their could be some. So I d

Not if apps/libs already depend on it :)