----- "dan sinclair" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ha scritto:

> On 22-Jul-08, at 3:58 PM, Dan Kronstal wrote:
>
> > I don't know if I'm missing the point here, but it sounds like
> > OpenID is
> > redundant. What we've got here is three subdomains with three
> > logins/accounts when they could all be using one instead.
> bugtracker/
> > trac
> > are their own sites with their own thing going on and that's fine,
>
> > unless
> > you want fancy integration. Really I just think that *.e.org should
>
> > have a
> > single login (maybe managed/admind from users.e.org? :D), so that
> > when i log
> > into the wiki i don't have to log in again when i hit the forum or
>
> > exchange.
> > This isn't a lot of work - it's less! Just point at one user
> database.
>
> Actually, it is a lot of work. You have to integrate your login system
>
> with MediaWiki, Vanilla Forums, Trac, Bugzilla, Exchange and whatever
>
> else we have running.
>
> We didn't write any of those systems and they involve several
> languages and databases. We'd have to write the integrated database
> stuff for them. If they have plugins to support it we'd be fine (which
>
> they may have for openid or whatever) but doing it ourselves is a lot
>
> of work.

Yes, right... this the result of a first investigation:

-Bugzilla: unclear, ther's a plugin but seems broken, need more investigation
-MediaWiki: It's OK, http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:OpenID (seems this
can also work as openid provider)
-VanillaForum: The plugin is in development,
http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/4133/openid-might-be-a-good-vanilla-addon-for-a-5000-prize/
-Track: OK for version 0.11 (we have 0.10.3, can we upgrade?),
http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/AuthOpenIdPlugin
-Exchange: We can do it
-User Map: We can do it

Dave