Hi, i'm here to talk about the desktop side of exchange.
For the moment we have only a small application, in very early stage,
thinkng about a clone of website structure.
It uses ETK for the widget, and depends from ecore_file (downloads)
and libxml2 (SAX parser for API responses).
After reading the first big thread about exchange, and after some
small discussions on IRC, it would be better to have a good library
before some GUI frontends.
So i'm here to get advices/guidances about this topic, before start to code.

During the coding of my small application I saw that SAX parser is
very useful and easy to use, so i think i can go on with it, and i
think it will be the only one external dependency.
The code is available at
http://staff.get-e.org/?p=users/mcalamelli/exchange.git;a=summary
(many thx for the staff), and as mentioned above, for the moment
contains the only the early-staged application.
I think to re-use the same place also for the library, adjusting the
directories and autofoo stuffs; when it will be ready to use, someone
with commit bit on E cvs can merge into main tree.
In addiction to the library, we can build a small console-based test
application, and a more powerful CLI, that can help on shell
scripting.

Regards

Massimiliano