Jose Gonzalez wrote:
> Luchezar Petkov wrote:
>
>>> Cedric was interested on the project by himself and because it was
>>> technically good, i think having a common library for data types is
>>> something we all agree. I think he will reply on this. And yes,  the
>>> license do has something to do with this, as *i* want it to be lgpl.
>>>

>> Ok, let's stop here. It's not about what you want. It's about what we all
>> want.
>> I, and a lot of people in our community do NOT want our CORE base of
>> libraries to be licensed with different licenses. I don't care about
>> "third-party" (or non-core) things like Etk or Evolve or Edje_Editor or some
>> theme/module or Ewl, etc, etc. I personally made the compromise to relicense
>> my contribution (of about 80 icons) to Evolve because I respect Hisham and
>> his choice. And I'm not against LGPL or any other license, but we MUST keep
>> your CORE code base consistent. As you all already saw it's nearly
>> impossible to move our code base to another license, so just simply KEEP IT
>> BSD!
>>

>       "Our" core base libs? Obviously there's a difference in opinion
> between various contributors to these core libs. Consistency may or may
> not be the ultimate aim, and the growth of the project may depend on
> changes... But whichever way it goes, it would be up to those who are
> working on the code and doing real contributions on those libs - growth
> as the market decides.
>       If it's someone or else's dictated views, and that does not address the
> concerns of current or potential developers, then you may well find this
> becoming a very small project indeed, or simply remaining the elitist niche
> it's been for so very long.

What difference in opinion is there in the core libs.  The core libs
have always been defined as those libs used by E.  By this definition,
EWL, ETK, etc are not core libs.  They do however depend on these core
libs in some way.  The reason for all the inconsistency in the community
is due to things like this.  Someone tends to complain about something
without good reasons to be doing so and just goes off and does their own
thing instead of contributing back to the original effort.  There are
cases when this is fine such as some incredibly bad unfinished start of
code from a dev who has completely left.  In that case there is cause to
start a new effort and this has been done a few times in the past.
There are cases however where people wouldn't compromise and it's lead
to fracture.  Not saying one side or the other was right, just saying
that there tends to be a lack of compromise and maybe that's good since
we have been able to keep things lean and light till now.  Sometimes
compromise just leads things down the wrong path and if the authors of a
lib feel that a compromise cannot be reached then that's their choice as
the initial developers of that lib.  They have a say in what hits
mainline.  So maybe we just don't feel like polluting our code with
certain things just to please people in the short term and instead we
actually weigh their suggestions against our goals and decide whether
their contribution is helpful in that cause.  Some people don't take
rejection well.  Are we elitist or just realistic about what we want?  I
find that too many people are too willing to accept shit these days and
not ask questions...