On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 4:32 PM, Jorge Luis Zapata Muga
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> True, it looks like but it isnt. Let me explain. The community
> fragmentation is *not only* the license, it is mainly because of point
> 1. Point 2 is refered to people that won't code on eina and for people
> that *hears* raster to make a decision by themselves. Is not that
> contradictory, happens that those points are related to two different
> groups of ppl.
>
> I have never stated that making a project licensed under lgpl will
> make it have more developers or being it bsd it will have less coders
> at all, i have said that it can't be confirmed. What i have stated is
> that *i* don't want my code to be freely available to companies that
> won't follow the same openness on the code, that's it. it wont alter
> the POV for specific developers that want to code to open source
> projects, just alters those developers that don't want their code to
> be restricted on its use by companies that won't release the code.

Except this isn't just about you. You can do as you please licensing
your own code, but you are importing code into an existing project
with a well established license. If you want your code in such a
project, you need to work with the other members to determine the
license.