On Wed, 15 Oct 2008, carlo\.bramix wrote:

> Hello,
>
>> I have already implemented some of the functions you need in a lib called
>> 'Evil' (mmap, dlfcn, pwd.h, mkstemp,...). I use it for the EFL Windows (XP
>> or Ce) port. Maybe you could look at my code, improve it if you think it's
>> needed, and make imlib2 Windows port depending on Evil
>>
>> Otherwise, i would say that you need to add AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL in
>> configure.ac too so that libtool is aware that you have a Windows port.
>
> Sorry, my fault, I forgot to tell you that I also upgraded to a newer version
> these files:
>
> config.guess
> config.sub
> depcomp
> install-sh
> ltmain.sh
> missing
>
> AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL seems deprecated and I think this could be the reason
> because it works fine here on my PC.
> It's not a problem to add it anyways.

it's deprecated but the new way to do it requires a "recent" version of
libtool (>= 1.9b, more precisely). You can say that that version was
released in 2004 and we are in 2008. I have absolutely no problem in using
the new way to do that, but as it is Kim who uses really imlib2 in e16, I
would wait for his opinion about using or not a recent version of libtool.

> I also forgot to add $LT_LDFLAGS into src/modules/filters/Makefile.am
> (my mistake): it is not possible to create shared libs without that
> flag, I discovered it only when I checked the content of /lib directory
> after I did the "make install", if I must provide a new patch with this
> little fix, just let me know.

that should be the new way of doing things with libtool.

> Please also excuse my ignorance, but I have not found a package called
> EFL into download page at sourceforge...

EFL means Enlightenment fundation libraries. It is a set of libraries that
e17 uses (eet, evas, ...).

> actually I was just trying to
> build IMLIB2 because libcaca checked if it was available. I tried to do
> it in the simplest manner (especially because I'm a developer for
> Windows and not very expert with unix stuff)>

You interest me ! I am searching some help for the Windows port of the
EFL, especially because I'm not a Windows developper. If you want to join
the task force (and if you have time, of course), I would be glad to have
someone more on that port :)

Anyway, I think that this port should be done in the same way than the
other EFL. Using Evil means that the Windows code it located at one place
only. Less things to fix. And I would be happy if you have time to review
the code in Evil :)

regards

Vincent