Please answert to the list, makes things easier.

It looks for me like it is a small syntax error. Maybe you have in both
files a group with the same name?
What if you load only the icon_list.edc file, not main_menu.edc, does it
still work?

If you don't find it by yourself, maybe you can nopaste the files and let me
have a look.