This is not yet an fdo specification so I'm not going to put it in just
yet.  It seems to have promise and is a fairly simple format, but for
now we have our own methods of choosing default applications and it is
similar to how they choose as well (given the user is not making this
file on their own).

When opening a file in EFM, if that mimetype has not been opened
previously you will be given a list of apps that support that mimetype
and a list of all apps as well just in case.  Once you have chosen an
app, EFM remembers this and will use that app until you pick a different
app by using Open With.  So for now we have our own methods of doing
this, but if it does become a specification it may be good to adopt this
as it would help with those doing packaging and distribution.