Ok, I'm a little late on this post, I'm really busy lately, sorry  :(

Hey Sergey.... welcome :)

Some random stuff in replay to the whole thread:

 * efm atm read .gtk-bookmarks (they are displayed in the new
"file" submenu in the E main menu). This is cool, as many other
apps use it, but at the end create some confusion with the E favorite
folder. We need a single place to show favorites to the user.
Note that the .favorite approach of E is much powerfull than the
.gtk-bookmark, you can have what you want in the favorites (link to file,
link to apps, link to device, etc) while in .gtk-bookmarks you can only
have directory path.
In conclusion I think the best solution is to keep the efm favorites as is
(also with
.desktop link to devices) and, optionally, populate it with entry (link or
.desktop)
from the .gtk-bookmarks file.

* IMO the toolbar is a crucial point of the efm. We really need to fix it.
It must
handle every gadget we have, also with d'n'd, as we have many intresting
gadgets for
it (places, trash, efm_path, etc). As many of you said: the toolbar need to
be placed
also on the right or on the left, AND we should be able to have more than
one toolbar.
one on top and one on the left, just to make a " random " example ;)

* I agree that we need to make gadget aware of the container type (shelf,
gadcon,
or toolbar). I remember that you can check for something like
gadget->gadcon->name,
but I'm not sure. This could be improved if a module have the ability to
choose the
accepted container, something like e_gadget_dont_show_in("toolbar")

hmmm... pause... I have to much stuff to write... What about if I make a
page on the
wiki that we can use as  TODO ? so we can keep all the progress up to date.
I can start the page with all the question on this thread.

Dave