On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 18:03:06 -0300 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
<barbi...@profusion.mobi> said:

> On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>
> wrote:
> > On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 05:47:38 -0300 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> > <barbi...@profusion.mobi> said:
> >
> >> Hello all,
> >>
> >> I think that some modules should be disabled, at least at runtime, by
> >> default. Things like change colors and fonts, drop shadows and few
> >> others. What do you think? If you know of broken modules, then we can
> >> easily disable them in configure.ac, just add "false" instead of
> >> "true" for module line.
> >
> > dropshadow is broken?
>
> no, but it is lame :-P

thats no reason to disable it. it's the only way you'll get shadows.. without
compositing. and forcing compositing just to get shadows that actually are CAST
on the wallpaper (thus drawing them on that canvas actually makes sense from a
lighting and layering view).

> > yes - fonts and colors i had already marked as disabled
> > for e17 (fixed up for e18).
> > n.b. - i'd disable in config profile, not build... ? new users will lose
> > them - old users keep what they have.
>
> ok, I'd rather disable their build, but just in profiles is fine.

we'll need to refreeze...