Hi Gustavo,

On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 08:29 -0300, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 10:17 PM, digger vermont <dv_ml...@verizon.net> wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I'm working with the python bindings for elementary and can't figure out
> > how to use the mouse events.  I can get them to work with a slider, but
> > with the frame and anchor block I tried it is not.
> >
> >    fr = elementary.Frame(win)
> >    fr.label_set('Frame')
> >    fr.size_hint_weight_set(1.0, 1.0)
> >    fr.size_hint_align_set(-1.0, -1.0)
> >    fr.on_mouse_move_add(print_event)
> >    tb.pack(fr, 0, 0, 1, 1)
> >    fr.show()
> >
> > What am I missing?
>
> probably fr has no parts that get events (see edje and
> mouse_events:0). What are you trying to do? It's not safe to rely on
> theme and add mouse_move yourself, you're supposed to either send
> events from edje OR create your own transparent rectangle that get
> mouse events (and put it in repeat mode).

Okay, I guess I thought that since python offered up methods for events
(on_mouse_*_add) that they would auto-magically work.

The above was just an example I made to experiment with events.  I'm
looking at writing a calendar app and playing around with the UI.  My
thought at the moment was to make a Table with the cells being days.
Put an AnchorView in a cell with the events for that day. Clicking on
the the cell would resize the AnchorView to fill the screen so you could
actually read and work with it.

Thanks for your help,
digger