Hi,

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Daniele Venzano
<d.venz...@motronica.com> wrote:
> In the coming months I'm going to start a new project for my company based on
> evas + ecore (no widget library). It will use the Linux framebuffer driver and
> run on an ARM embedded system.
> For various reasons we will have to offer the possibility to remote the
> display
> through the net via the VNC protocol.

> In the past we had hacked microwindows/nano-X with libvncserver to add said
> support. I'm willing to do something similar again, if it has not already been
> done, and share back the patch for an eventual inclusion in mainstream.

> So, did someone already thought or wrote some code about VNC support ?

Not as far as I know.

> If not, how would you go about it ? The library basically needs a copy in
> memory of the framebuffer. Then every area that is modified needs to be passed
> to the library. There are pointer and keyboard events coming in from the other
> side that should be passed as if they where generated locally.

In fact it sounds like almost all software based efl engine. In my
opinion, you will just need to write an evas module engine for the
graphic part that use the evas software engine and ecore_vnc library
that retrieve the event and send them with ecore-input. Then just
another small piece of code will be needed in ecore-evas so the link
with both library will be done.

> Probably ecore should be modified, but before starting to dig inside ecore and
> evas sources I prefer to ask to people with better understanding of EFL.

It sounds like a really interesting engine to me, so if you need help
during don't hesite to poke me. But anyway many people can certainly
help you here or on irc #edevelop channel.

Regards,
--
Cedric BAIL