emu has bit rotted so much that even I don't use it.  Though I have
been very slowly working on more stuff for it, and may eventually get
around to actually maintaining it.  For now, it's unmaintained.

I use most modules that don't seem to cause any problems, just to keep
an eye on those that do.   These ones from EXTRA seem to work for me -

alarm, though I don't actually use it, it's on my desktop though.
calendar
cpu
diskio
drawer
forecasts
language, though it shows no language choices, and it used to.  Would
be nice if I could use it to swap between USA qwerty, and USA dvorak
like it used to do.  May just be my OS update screwed that.
mem
moon, used to be on my "too unstable to load" list, but is solid now.
net
notification
places
screenshot
systray
tclock, I seriously want to combine it with clock.
uptime
weather, though it has a minor graphic glitch.

There were a few I removed coz I really needed more desktop space (my
monitor died, using my old smaller one for now), so I don't know if they
are still stable.  None of the purely eye candy ones I use.

While on the subject, I seem to recall changing the temperature module
long ago so that I can select one of four of the available
temperatures.  This is coz the one I want to monitor, CPU, is number 4
on my MoBo.  Now it seems that I can't do that, and just get a fixed
and useless temperature reading.