On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 08:40:32 +0200 (CEST) Vincent Torri
<vto...@univ-evry.fr> wrote:

> while looking at the doc of UPX, i've found that lossless
> (de)compression library:
>
> http://www.oberhumer.com/opensource/lzo/
>
> which says to compress better and to be faster decompression than
> zlib.
>
> There is no comparison numbers, but maybe it is worth trying to
> compare zlib and that lib to see if it would be better to use it in
> eet.

There are other contenders, generally more modern compression schemes
that are generally ignored coz things like zip, gz, and bz2 are
too firmly embedded in our conciousness.  Too much historical inertia
is not good.

So, if this is to be done, a more thorough roundup of them all would be
the way to go.