Sorry for the HTML! :)

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
<barbi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 5:55 PM, Andre Dieb<andre.mart...@ee.ufcg.edu.br>
> wrote:
> > Changes:
> >
> > Module name is now eina_log (but I didn't delete eina_error yet, as we
> > should delete it only when the transition is completed)
> > Docs on header and basic doc on .c file, but there's a lot of room for
> doc
> > improvement
> > Save name on domains
> > Clean realloc code
> > Keep parsing EINA_LOG_LEVELS even when user types wrong (e.g.
> > domain1:level1,domain2:,domain3,domain:5)
> > Migrate old global logger code to global logger (i.e. remove old
> deprecated
> > functions)
>
> arghhhhhh... HTML MAIL!
>
> now to the points
>  - _DOM is not a suffix, rather a prefix namespace... like
> EINA_LOG_ERR and EINA_LOG_DOM_ERR...
>  - I remember Sun compiler barfing at ##__VA_ARGS__, maybe we need to
> avoid that? Vincent?? (avoid that is define just as (...) and user is
> obligated to give at least one parameter, fmt. That makes things
> uglier IMHO)

That == define as "..." ? Should it be done with ... ?
I'm sorry, I didn't follow.

>  - _Eina_Log_Level define a value < 0 (EINA_LOG_LEVEL_MIN =
> INT32_MIN) so compilers don't optimize that enum as an unsigned
> integer, causing problems for users trying to specify something like
> -1 for "more critical"

>  - +typedef int Eina_Log; "too much", I'd use it as integer, no need
> to typedef.

This typedef was already on the code, it was for Eina_Error (a handle for
registered errors). Just remove it ?

>  - keep these as "eina_error", you're fixing error->log, but having
> error codes as log codes is too much, like broking and not fixing =)
> This holds true for eina_log_msg_register and friends...
>

> +/**
> + * @var EINA_LOG_OUT_OF_MEMORY
> + * Log identifier corresponding to a lack of memory.
> + */
> +EAPI extern Eina_Log EINA_LOG_MSG_OUT_OF_MEMORY;
>  - colors should be improved, for example (even the old code is not good)
> +static const char *_colors[EINA_LOG_LEVELS] = {
> +  EINA_COLOR_YELLOW, // EINA_LOG_LEVEL_CRITICAL
> +  EINA_COLOR_RED, // EINA_LOG_LEVEL_ERR
> +  EINA_COLOR_YELLOW, // EINA_LOG_LEVEL_WARN
> +  EINA_COLOR_NOTHING, // EINA_LOG_LEVEL_INFO
> +  EINA_COLOR_GREEN, // EINA_LOG_LEVEL_DBG
> +};
> for me, the more "red", more dangerous... more "green" better... So I
> usually use as rule in my debugs:
>   - light (\033[1m) red = critical
>   - regular (dark) red = error
>   - yellow = warning
>   - green = info
>   - light blue = debug
>   - regular blue = more than debug
>
> things I told you in previous mails:
>
>  - trailing whitespaces!!!

I couldn't find any trailing whitespaces, could you please point them?

>  - have you tested the parse of broken EINA_LOG_LEVELS? Note this
> +       level = strtol((char *)(end + 1), &tmp, 10);
> +       if (tmp == (end + 1)) continue;
> you do not change start, what happens? infinite loops... you need to
> have start = next pair, so need to search for "," and update start to
> that.... or add an "end" label right after appending to pending list
> and "goto end" instead of continue.
>  - eina_log_shutdown() should ignore already deleted entries.
>  - eina_log_domain_register() should not free domains, they should be
> freed in eina_log_domain_unregister()
>

> --
> Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> http://profusion.mobi embedded systems
> --------------------------------------
> MSN: barbi...@gmail.com
> Skype: gsbarbieri
> Mobile: +55 (19) 9225-2202

Thanks a lot for the patience, I hope I can learn with these mistakes :-).

Cheers,

--
André Dieb Martins

Embedded Systems and Pervasive Computing Lab (Embedded)
Electrical Engineering Department (DEE)
Center of Electrical Engineering and Informatics (CEEI)
Federal University of Campina Grande (UFCG)

Blog: http://genuinepulse.blogspot.com/