I've been out of the loop and not paying much attention.  Recently
recompiled E17, and now I find that what I always though was the wrong
fullscreen behaviour is now forced on my work around to.  Let me
explain.

A long time ago it was decided that "fullscreen" in E17 means that the
window pretty much takes over your entire view, with no way of getting
out of it.  I argued that it was bad at the time, but did not prevail.
So since then I have most of my common applications set to fully
maximised, with no border, and usually set to the bottom of the stack.
Then remembered, so I don't have to keep setting those things up over
and over.  This effectively sets them to fullscreen, but avoiding the
whole "fullscreen means no way out" nonsense.

By now way out I mean, unable to switch to some other desktop, unable
to iconify, and unable to change to some other size.

Now I find that with some of my faked fullscreen windows, the iconify
and maximise stuff is not in the window menu.  If I want to iconify
them I have to switch to a border that has the iconify button, and
switch back when I make it fullscreen again.  This happens with eterm
and Second Life, but not Claws mail and Xchat.

Seems that alt tab is not working either, so one more way out is
blocked.  Actually, I can't see anyway of binding that to a key anymore.

Can I have the choice of a fullscreen mode that does not mean the
fullscreen takes over control and leaves out options please?  In other
words, "fullscreen JUST Means the window is the size of the screen,
with no border".

Even for the expected use case, fullscreen games, I still think that
"fullscreen means total control by the app" is wrong.  Far too many of
these fullscreen games are unstable, and that means you spend a lot of
time rebooting to recover if you want to try out a big bunch of games
like I did recently.

/me retrains himself to use the keyboard iconify shortcut.

I know, I've become curmudgeonly.  lol